Roll-Down Hurricane Shutters
Roll Down hurricane shutters provides the ultimate in security and storm protection for your home or business. Our Rolling shutter systems come with a smooth, manual crank or can be upgraded to the fully synchronized electric motor drive for maintenance-free operation. Roll down shutters offer an elegant design solution with minimal visual impact. They are constructed of the finest grade of aluminium for maximum impact resistance and durability. These systems are specially designed to provide maximum strength and insulation from sun, storm, heat, noise, and weather extremes.
Our reinforced track system provides strength and maximum shutter width. They are specially designed and engineered to blend with and compliment your home or business. Our roll-down shutters add substantial value to your home or business and pay for themselves through more efficient heating and cooling of your rooms.
Our roll-down shutters have been engineered to meet the most stringent wind codes in the country and have been reviewed and accepted by the Miami-Dade County product control division, Florida Building Code, and the International Building Code. Get Pricing Now!
Roll-Down Shutters Features
- Custom Designed and Engineered to Each Opening
- Sleek European-Styling
- Significant Energy Savings
- Innovative Technologies
- Precise Metal Workmanship
- Offered in 55MM Blade Heights
- Spans of up to 17′ with End-Retention 55mm
- Protects Furniture and Artwork from Sun Exposure
- Increases Privacy and Noise Reduction
- Manual or Motorized with Manual Over-ride
- Minimal Visual Impact to Your Home
- Provides Excellent Security and Storm Protection
- Available Colors: White, Ivory, Beige, and Bronze
Rolling Shutter Installation Video:
- Lay rolling shutter housing, curtain, guide rails, and hardware out on a drop cloth near the opening to be covered. Remove the front cover of the housing.
- Drill 1/4″ holes through the back of the housing 15″-18″ apart. (Holes can be drilled above or below the axle or through the roof the the housing depending on field conditions)
- Connect the guide rails to the housing by sliding them over the legs that protrude from the end caps of the housing unit.
- Place the shutter up against the wall. Adjust the proper height and equal distance on each side of the shutter by securing the top guide rail hole to the opening using 2 1/4″ tapcons provided to you.
- Make sure the housing and guide rails are square on the wall. Many beginners mark a vertical line with a pencil along the side guide rail. You can also make a mark at the top of the end cap. Mark the location of the other pre-drilled guide rail holes. Remove the support and carefully lower the shutter to a flat surface. (If the shutter is going to be operated from the inside a hole will need to be marked for the universal to go through the wall)
- Drill appropriate holes where marked. When done secure guide rails and housing unit following the pre-drilled holes.
- Drill and attach the bottom angle (if applicable)
- Remove the curtain from the bubble wrap and attach the slat hangers 18″ apart to the top blade of the curtain.
- Slowly slide the curtain over the axle letting it gently slide down the guiderails until it comes to rest on the bottom angle. (Bottom angles are not provided if the shutter is going to come to rest on a window sill or a patio deck)
- Attach the slat hangers to the axle using the 1/2″ self drilling screws provided.
- Insert the universal through the gear.(manual shutters only)
- Use the crank handle to check the operation of the shutter before replacing the housing cover.
- Caulk guiderails and gently wipe down your shutter. Install deco caps in each guide rail.
Electric or 18V drill
3/16 cement drill bit
5/16″ socket drive
2 ¼” x ¼” tapcons – Supplied free with your order.
Our staff can walk you through any issue you may have with accordion shutter installation. If you have problems we are here for you.
Estimate and Order Online!
* Note: Price is good until October 18,2018.Shipping Costs are ADDITIONAL and are based on order weight and shipping location. Prices are for shutter materials only. If you are in need of installation in the South Florida area please contact our office to book your appointment today.