How to measure
Materials Needed To Measure:
- Printed Order Form Sheet
- A pen or pencil to write with
- Measuring Tape
- Begin at the front door and work clockwise around the measurements in the appropriate blanks on the PDF.
- For Windows, horizontally measure from one inside edge of the opening to the parallel inside edge. Then vertically measure from the inside edge of the top to the top of the window sill. All shutters use a track system so make sure you have 3inches of flat surface around each window.
- For Doors, horizontally measure from one inside edge of the opening to the parallel inside edge, vertically measure from the inside edge of the top to the floor.
- For an instant quote enter measurements into our Get Pricing page or email your measurements to [email protected] and we will have an estimate for you within 48 hours.
Measuring for Accordion & Storm Panels
For Accordion and storm panels you will measure the outside of the opening. If the opening has a board around it you will measure outside of the boarder. If you would like to install the shutters on a board you must have at least 5 inches of flat solid board on all side.
Important: If you have a sill measure the height all the way pass the sill as it shows in the first picture. The tracks will be installed right under the sill.
Measuring for Roll Down
For roll down shutters you will measure the outside of the opening. If the opening has a board around it you will measure outside of the boarder. If you would like to install the shutters on a board you must have at least 3 inches on the right, left and bottom. For the top you must have at least 8 inches.
Important Note: Please keep in mind the shutter box can be up to 8 inches so make sure from you also measure the space above your window. You will need at least 8 inches clearance to install the box.
How hard are your shutters to install?
A: Our shutters are not difficult to install and can be accomplished by anyone who is handy with a drill and a level. Everything you need is included with your order. Please watch our Shutter Installation Videos to see how each product is installed. On medium to large sizes opening, a helper may be needed to assist you with the installation.
Will I be provided with everything I need to perform the shutter installation?
A: Yes, all the hardware needed to perform your shutter installation is included when you order your shutters.
How long does it take to install the average shutter?
A: Installation times will vary depending on the type of shutter and the size of the shutter and your skill level. Give yourself an hour per opening. Once you get the hang of it, you should speed up.
How hard is it to find someone in my area to install my new shutters?
A: Not hard. Call us. We may be able to refer someone to you from our installer network, or if we don’t have someone in your area you can simply use your local handyman, or search Google for “Handyman or Carpenter in your zip code” and call a few and ask if they can perform the installation and what they would charge to do so.