Accordion Hurricane Shutter & Storm panels
Accordion Shutters are one of the most popular choice of storm protection for homeowners and businesses throughout the Caribbean and surrounding areas. Accordion Shutters provide simple but highly effective means of storm protection. The Accordion Shutter provides protection against category 5 winds, flying debris, theft and forced entry, reduces noise, and provides everyday privacy when in use. Caribbean Hurricane Shutters a division of US Discount Shutters offers affordable and competitive pricing. Get pricing online today!
Accordion Shutters Design
The Accordion Shutter is a durable shutter that moves horizontally between an upper and lower track, with interlocking aluminum blades making up the shutter’s protective wall. Covering large spans, these shutters can be folded away for an unobstructed view. Also for larger areas, there can be a center opening, allowing half of the shutter to move towards the left. From the inside or out, these shutters can be closed, locked, and secured, keeping your belongings safe.Your home or business are structures that are well thought out when it comes to layout, color, and more. We have gone to great lengths to ensure that our accordion style shutters can match with many different types of homes so that they do not stick out too much.
The Caribbean Hurricane Shutter Difference
We provide high quality, locally manufactured accordion shutters. If you are looking for a top quality product to help protect your windows during a storm, look no further. Our accordion shutters are your go to. At Caribbean Hurricane Shutters, our quality speaks for itself. We believe in top quality products and services at affordable rates. We take immense pride in our work and look forward to assisting you in achieving the proper level of hurricane protection.
Accordion Shutter Installation Overview
1. Lay the numbered components and hardware out near each corresponding opening. Please note that your tracks and angles come numbered and pre-drilled from our factory
2. Dry fit top track above the opening, level it and mark your wall following the pre-drilled hole we’ve provided.
3. Attach top track with 2 ¼” tapcons. Make sure the track is level. Leave the tapcons at the end of each track out until you install the side angles.
4. Center the wheels from the accordion shutter curtains in top track and feed in. Wheels should be closest to wall with pins to the outside. Make sure the curtain that is marked left is on the left side and the curtain marked right is on the right side. Push both curtains away from the edge of the track.
5. Attach only one of the vertical side angles with 2 1/4″ tapcons and make sure it is plumb. Position side angle right up against the top track with the smaller leg facing in towards the opening.
6. Attach bottom track with 2 1/4″ tapcons. Make sure the bushings in the back of the accordion are inserted in the groove of the bottom track.
7. Attach the other vertical side angle with 2 1/4″ tapcons provided.
8. Attach starter strips of the accordions to the side angles with tech screws, usually #10 x 3/4″ self drilling screws provided.
9. Pull both sides of accordion together and make sure it closes properly and locks.
10. Wipe down your accordion shutter and caulk the tracks and side angles.
Electric or 18V drill
3/16 cement drill bit
5/16″ socket drive
2 ¼” x ¼” tapcons – Supplied free with your order.
#10 x ¾” self tapping screws – Supplied free with your order.
Our staff can walk you through any issue you may have with accordion shutter installation. If you have problems we are here for you.
Estimate and Order Online!
Note: Price is good until October 19,2018.Shipping Costs are ADDITIONAL and are based on order weight and shipping location. Prices are for shutter materials only. If you are in need of installation in the South Florida area please contact our office to book your appointment today.
Need to know how to measure your windows?.